Gabriel’s Symphony Foundation (GSF) was founded by Pia S. Cayetano in memory of her son, Gabriel, who was born with a rare chromosomal disorder called Trisomy 13. Gabriel was born with a cleft lip and palate, a hole in his heart, and was perceived to be deaf and blind due to the disorder. He lived for only nine months. Soon after, Gabriel’s Symphony Foundation was born.
Since 2002, the Foundation has passionately pursued its mission of making a difference in people’s lives. Among its projects are:
- Cleft lip and palate operations. Over a thousand children have been successfully operated on.
- Programs and medical assistance for the visually and hearing impaired. These include hearing aids, artificial eyes and year-end activities.
- Outreach programs that include running clinics, field trips and various weekend activities for disadvantaged children like the Daanghari Barefoot Running Kids, the girls from Marillac Hills, and more.
- Sports programs, including an annual sports fiesta fund-raiser and grassroots sports camps particularly for football and triathlon – swimming, biking and running all over the country.
For 13 years now, the Foundation has devoted its time and resources to carrying out its advocacies and projects. It has been raising funds through its Annual Multi-Sport Fundraising Event In Memory of Gabriel.
To celebrate its 13th year, the Foundation is flying to Tagum City, Davao Del Norte, to hold its Multi-Sport Celebration on January 20-22, 2017. This is the Foundation’s fundraising project organized to supplement our various year-round projects. The following activities will be conducted at the Davao Del Norte Sports and Tourism Complex:
- Triathlon Camp
- Volleyball Camp and Tournament
- Palarong Pinoy
- Football Tournament
- Swim and Run Clinic for Children w/ Disabilities
- Track Mini Games
Though Gabriel moved on to heaven after only nine months from birth, and is lovingly missed by the people who dearly love him, he continues to make a positive impact on people’s lives through the work and achievements of the Gabriel’s Symphony Foundation.